JANUARY 5th – 25th, 2020
Prayer Services Every Day for 21 Days
- Weekday Services (M, T, TH, F) — 6pm-6:45pm
- Prayer Walks: Wednesdays 6pm-6:45pm
- Saturday Services — 8am-8:45am
- Sunday Services — 9am & 11am (MTD) 10am (APK)
*NOTE ABOUT CHILDCARE: Childcare will be offered twice a week (Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings). We will not have childcare at any of the other weekday services. Also, the prayer services will NOT be live streamed due to the intimate nature of these services.
From the beginning of theCross, we have made it a priority to seek God first in prayer. We did this collectively for the first time as a church in January 2018 through 21 Days of Prayer. January was chosen intentionally, as it begins the new year.
Together in 2020, we will faithfully seek God first, trusting in His power alone to create lasting impact in our lives, our church, and our world.
Do you need prayer?
Submit your 21 DAYS OF PRAYER prayer request online and we will pray for it during our services.
Do you feel called to pray for others?
Join the PRAYER WARRIORS at theCross! Click the button below and fill out the form to join this team!
If you sense God has more for your life, 21 Days of Prayer is a great place to start believing Him for all that He has for you. As you practice seeking Him first, He will move on your behalf like never before. You will start to see the power of prayer impact your relationships, work, family, and every area of your life.
We would love for you to be part of 21 Days of Prayer!
PRAYER AND FASTING
During the 21 Days of Prayer, we encourage fasting as a spiritual next step that can bring clarity and revelation into your life. You can also choose to fast at other times of the year as you seek God.
DAY BY DAY - #prayfirst
Church Service Prayer
Our Leaders – Nation, State, and City (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
Our Pastors (Colossians 4:2-4)
Our Cities and other churches – Mount Dora, Sorrento, Eustis, Tavares, Zellwood, Apopka, Leesburg, Orlando, etc. (Jeremiah 29:7)
Our Local Missions – Outreach Events, Outreach non-profits we partner with: Hand in Hand, Life’s Choices, Lake Cares Food Pantry, Habitat for Humanity, Rebekah’s Angels, Veterans of theCross, etc. (Luke 4:18-19)
Our National Missions – Hurricane Relief Efforts, our Church District and Denomination, Central Florida Cross Network (the network we were planted out of) (Acts 16:5)
Our International Missions – Guatemala Groundwork, Children’s HopeChest Uganda partnership, increased vision and international mission plan for future, pray for unreached people groups, church planting, leadership development (Matthew 24:14)
Church Service Prayer
Launch and Dream Team – leadership development, covering over every leader, fresh vision (Philippians 1:6)
Small Groups – leaders, members, and real life change (Hebrews 10:24-25)
My Church’s Vision for 2020- – Vision 2023, new lives changed, capital campaign, finances, etc. (Matthew 16:18)
Children (Camp Cross), and Students (GROW), (Psalm 127:3-5)
Families and marriages (Proverbs 24:3-4)
Pastors and church staff (1 Thessalonians 5:12)
Church Service Prayer
My Personal Vision for 2020 – fresh vision, dreams fulfilled, making a difference (Proverbs 21:30)
My Freedom – personal freedom and deliverance, breakthrough in every area (Isaiah 54:17)
The Lost – those that don’t know Jesus, family members and friends, those that will be moving into our cities (Romans 8:15)
Thursday, Jan 23 – My Place of Influence – home, workplace, school (Matthew 5:13-14)
My Needs – finances, health, family members to be saved and other personal needs (1 Peter 5:7)
My Relationship with Jesus – discipline, hunger for God’s Word, passion for prayer, dependence on God (Proverbs 3:5-6)
CAMP CROSS - 21 Days of Praying for Your Children
1. Wisdom – Heavenly Father, I pray that my child develops a discerning spirit and wisdom in choosing the right friends. Grant them a clear understanding of right and wrong as well as absolute truth. “So give your servant a discerning heart…to distinguish between right and wrong.” I Kings 3:9
2. Protection – Lord, I pray for physical and spiritual protection over my child. Let them keep away from those who would seek to harm them. Give them common sense and awareness of their surroundings. I pray that they would not give into temptation and be led astray by false teachers or bad influences. “We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.” Psalm 33:20
3. Excellence – Lord, give my child the motivation and desire to do their best without added pressure. Let them be alert with clear thinking at school, at home, and wherever they may go. I pray for diligence and not laziness. “….whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” I Cor. 10:31
4. Spouse – Spouse – Lord, I pray for my child’s future spouse. My prayer is that they will be surrounded by Godly influences. Let them have an appetite for spiritual things and to be continually growing in You. I pray that they will be prepared for marriage and that their goals and purposes are the same as my child. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Deut. 6:5
5. Vessel – I declare, in Jesus’ name, that my child will know Your purpose for their life and will be used in a great way by You! I believe they will have powerful testimonies and be salt & light to all people around them. I pray that they will walk closely with you and be vessels that honor You in all things. “….an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.” 2 Tim 2:21
6. Salvation – Lord, may my child come to know who You are and ask You to save them at an early age in life. “ Yet he saved them for his name’s sake, to make his mighty power known.” Psalm 106:8
7. Bible – God, may my child fall in love with your Word and grow to find it more “precious than gold and sweeter than honey from the comb.” “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him.” I John 2:5
8. Service – God, please help my child develop a servant’s heart. May they be the first to say, “I can help!” then do so wholeheartedly knowing that it brings you great joy. “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.” Eph. 6:7
9. Prayerfulness - Lord, grow my child into the habit of praying without ceasing. In every situation, may they take their requests and concerns to you as well as intercede on the behalf of others. “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thess. 5:16-18
10. Integrity – Lord, help my child understand the importance of truthfulness in every situation regardless of the consequences or rewards. May the promptings of the Holy Spirit help them choose to tell the truth. Even when it is hard to make right choices and especially when no one else knows about the choice they made, may integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection. “Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.” Prov. 12:19
11. Self- Control – Lord, help my child to be able to control their thoughts, words, and actions. May they stand out from those around them as they are alert and self-controlled in all they think, say, and do. “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say ‘No’ to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age.” Titus 2:11-12
12. Courage – God, help my child to know that You are always with them. May this give them both confidence and courage in difficult situations. You are the reason that they can be brave! “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deut. 31:6
13. Missions – Heavenly Father, give my child Your heart for others who don’t know Jesus Christ. May they be uninhibited, bold witnesses for You! “Declare His glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.” Psalm 96:3
14. Perseverance – Lord, I pray that you help my child to not give up, but to finish what they start. May their prize be knowing that they finished well for Your glory. “You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. “ Heb. 10: 36
15. Humility – Lord, cultivate within my child the supernatural ability to treat others as more important than themselves. Remove pride and arrogance from their heart and fill it with gratitude for all you have done. “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” Col. 3:12
16. Peace – Lord, give my child true peace within their Spirit. Free their minds from distractions and anxiety. Fill them with calmness and confidence that flows from You. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
17. Purity – Lord, help my child to understand purity and to base their decisions around that gift. “…that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable…” I Thess. 4:4
18. Passion – God, give my child a passion for the things that you love. May they be bold worshippers and witnesses for your kingdom.
“I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.” Prov. 8: 17
19. Generosity – Heavenly Father, I pray that my child holds onto the things they “own” loosely, allowing them to be generous and always willing to share. “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.” 1 Timothy 6:18
20. Calling – Lord, as my child grows in their relationship with you, help them to identify the talents and gifts you have given them. Help them to use these gifts and talents to serve others and to glorify You. I pray that You help them discover the calling that has been placed on their life. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve other, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1Peter 4:10
21. Contentment – Lord, I pray that you help my child fight the urge to compare and complain. Instead, reveal the secret of being content no matter what situation they find themselves in. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:12-13